Over the last 4 months, I have had a lot blood tests. I found out some ways to get successful tests.
- Always greet them with a smile & a compliment
- Ask them how they are doing
- Tell them what you know – if one arm is better, if your veins are small, if you are on a blood thinner
- If your veins are small, ask for a butterfly ( or “baby”) needle, especially if you have less than 5 tubes taken
- If they miss 2x or more, ask for someone else – they shouldn’t keep putting you in pain. Speak up!
- Once you find a good technician, ask for them the next time, even if you have to wait.